Graphic / Web Designer Jobs 2018
Software Technologies Limited (STL) develops industry-leading software solutions that empower our customers to drive increased revenue, find savings, improve compliance and mitigate risks. Since 1991, STL has developed its own products under the eHorizon brand that today comprise over 25 modules offered on SaaS model. STL has implemented solutions across various business verticals to over 500 organizations of all sizes in Africa and the Middle East.
Our dedicated team forms creative energy that turns imagination into realization, fueling new advances, modern approaches, and innovative solutions for managing People, Processes, and Governance.
We are now hiring a creative Graphics/ Web Designer who will join our marketing team.
Salary: Negotiable based on skills and experience.
Reporting to: Marketing and Communication Manager
This position is responsible for overseeing the design of graphic material and web development requirements of the company across all divisions.
The job holder shall work closely with line managers to discuss business objectives and requirements of the various departments and translate the requirements into quality design work.
Duties and Responsibilities
Design artwork for print material required by the company e.g. flyers, brochures, posters, calendars, logos, product illustrations and presentations
Design content required for web and social media purposes such as mail shots, e-banners, landing pages, postings and updates and videos.
Be aware of emerging technologies in new media to ensure quality design output at all times.
Developing a library of branding internal communication templates
Submit regular reports that relate to all graphic design and web design/development tasks upon completion and implementation.
Web Design & Development:
- Website Maintenance by installing extensions (components, modules & plugins) e.g. security, fixing errors, regular backups, granting access to other privileged users/admins, etc.
- Update, populate and implement relevant content, updating outdated content, coming up with a relevant write-up / graphic material and product upload.
- Write code specific for a given objective/function on the website: using basic HTML, PHP, and MySQL database design.
- Creation and deployment of UI/UX designs on our web platform and product when need be
SEO (Search Engine Optimization):
- Carry out SEO by generating proper in-page keywords and Meta tags for the website.
- Ensure SEO for the website on all major search engines e.g. Google, Yahoo, Bing and ensure high ranking by ensuring listing of the web URL in the mentioned search engines.
Cpanel Administration & Others:
- Carry out regular scans for malware/viruses in the mail & home directory which houses the website.
- Ensure errors are fixed on the website via Cpanel and check website stats which allow for proper SEO.
- Check process manager to ensure website / Cpanel resources are running at optimum to avoid website crash.
- Provide expertise on other IT/general-related operations and tasks issues to users and staff members.
- Provide advice and useful ideas that help make work easy by smoothening operations or providing solutions to ICT issues.
- Diploma or Degree in graphic & web design
- At least 2-3 years relevant experience preferably as a web or graphic designer
- Candidate must have good knowledge of Word Press, Php , Html and Css
- Competency in graphic design applications like Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Flash
- Experience in planning and delivering web-based and graphic content
- Experience with Google platforms i.e. Analytics, SEO and Web Optimization
- Knowledge and experience in UI Design is a big plus
- Experience in Social Media/Web Administration desired
- Experience video and photography is an added advantage
- Ability to handle pressure in meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
- Articulate and rational when presenting your thoughts and ideas
- Team player who can inspire and positively contribute to the company culture
- Confident and strive for perfection while being open to feedback
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently using professional judgment
- Strong knowledge of color and typography
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send in your CV & Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Graphics/Web Designer” on the subject line, by 20th July 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.