End-User License Agreement (“Agreement”) – eParlKenya (eParliament Legislative Management System)
Please read this End-User License Agreement carefully before clicking the “I Agree” button, downloading or using eParlKenya.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of this End-User License Agreement:
* Agreement means this End-User License Agreement that forms the entire agreement between You and the Company regarding the use of the Application.
* Application means the software program provided by the Company downloaded by You to a Device, named eParlKenya
* Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Software Technologies Ltd, 7th Floor, West Point Building, Mpaka Road, Westlands-Nairobi.
* Content refers to content such as text, images, or other information that can be posted, uploaded, linked to or otherwise made available by You, regardless of the form of that content.
* Country refers to: Kenya
* Device means any device that can access the Application such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
* Third-Party Services means any services or content (including data, information, applications, TLS Certificates and Encryption Keys and other products services) provided by a third-party that may be displayed, included or made available by the Application.
* You means the individual accessing or using the Application or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Application, as applicable.
By clicking the “I Agree” button, downloading, or using the Application from the Apple App Store, you are agreeing to both this agreement and that of Apple’s Licensed Application End User License Agreement (“Apple Terms”). This Agreement works hand in hand with that of Apple’s Terms. If You do not agree to the terms of this Agreement or that of Apple, do not click on the “I Agree” button, do not download or do not use the Application.
This Agreement is a legal document between You and the Company, and it governs your use of the Application made available to You by the Company.
The Application is licensed, not sold, to You by the Company for use strictly in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
Scope of License
The Company grants You a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to download, install and use the Application strictly in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
The license that is granted to You by the Company is solely for your use strictly in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
This grant does not include any right to otherwise utilize the Software or information relating to it or any rights to reproduce the Software or to make and/or sell variations or derivative works of the underlying Software. The company has sole ownership of copyrights and other intellectual and proprietary rights to the underlying Software. The customer shall not copy, reengineer or otherwise modify eParlKenya system in any form.
The license shall remain active and accessible and shall be supported for the duration and life of the license/maintenance contract between the company or the company’s authorized reseller, as per the terms and conditions.
The Application may display, include or make available third-party content (including data, information, applications and other products services) or provide links to third-party websites or services.
You acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible for any Third-party Services, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect thereof. The Company does not assume and shall not have any liability or responsibility to You or any other person or entity for any Third-party Services.
You must comply with applicable Third parties’ Terms of agreement when using the Application. Third-party Services and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to You and You access and use them entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties’ Terms and conditions.
Severability and Waiver
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or to require performance of an obligation under this Agreement shall not affect a party’s ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall the waiver of a breach constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.
This Agreement shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Kenya and your use of the Application.
The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between You and the Company regarding your use of the Application and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous written or oral agreements between You and the Company.
You may be subject to additional terms and conditions that apply when You use or purchase other Company’s services, which the Company will provide to You at the time of such use or purchase.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, You can contact Us:
* By email: firstname.lastname@example.org